iPad Air 2, this sixth generation of Apple tablet, is able to preorder from October 17, 2014 and will be officially released on October 24, 2014. Sequel to iPad Air, it has the same 9.7-inch display with a resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels, but a thinner design (18% thinner than precious generation), improved 8 megapixel, f2.4 rear-facing iSigit camera and upgraded 64-bit A8X chip (40% faster CPU than Air) leading to much better performance running on iSO 8.1. In fact, all the new features indicate that iPad Air 2 is one of the greatest devices to play DVD movies. However, you need to rip DVD to iPad Air 2 for fixing video formats incompatible problem and playing DVD movies on the new Apple tablet smoothly.
iPad Air 2 Supported Video Formats
As is known, DVD cannot be directly played on iPad Air 2 because of incompatible formats problem. So, ahead of DVD to iPad Air 2 conversion, let’s have a glimpse of the new iPad supported video formats. Similar to other Apple tablet models, the main supported video formats of iPad Air 2 is probably H.264, MPEG-4 and Motion JPEG. >>iPhone 6/6 Plus Supported Audio/Video Formats…
- H.264: Resolution up to 1080p, 60 frames per seconds; High Profile level 4.2; AAC-LC audio, bitrate up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo; .m4v, .mp4, .mov file formats.
- MPEG-4: Resolution of 640 X 480, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile; AAC-LC audio, bitrate up to 160 Kbps, 48 kHz, stereo audio; .m4v, .mp4, .mov file formats.
- Motion JPEG: Resolution of 1280 X 720, 30 frames per second; audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio, .avi file format.
How to Rip DVD to iPad Air 2
To be frank, it is necessary to take advantage of a professional DVD ripper to make DVD to iPad Air 2 conversion more effortlessly. WinX DVD Ripper Platinum, the top-notch and user-friendly DVD ripping software, enables you to quickly convert any DVDs (even latest protected commercial DVDs) to almost all popular Apple devices, such as DVD to iPad Air 2/iPad Mini 3, DVD to iPhone 6/5s/5c, DVD to iPod Touch 5, and delivers high video/audio quality. The versatile editing tools and adjustable parameters are provided to meet the needs of advance option settings.
1. Insert DVD into DVD-ROM and open WinX DVD Ripper Platinum. Tap DVD Disc icon on navigation bar and the DVD source will be automatically detected.
2. It will take several seconds to load DVD. Once the loading process is completed, Output Profile window pops up. Move to Device Profile category – Apple Device – to iPad Video- iPad Air 2(MPEG4/H264). Generally speaking, the main title of DVD movie will be checked for converting by default. Also, you can convert other titles to iPad Air 2.
3. Tap Browse button to set destination folder and Click RUN button to start DVD to iPad Air 2 conversion.