Even if a part of people still recognize 1080P is the best resolution for devices and digital files, we should admit that 4K is the inevitable trend in multimedia technology and has been available for TV, camera and online streaming. In this September, Apple also announced that the new-released iPhone 6s and 6s Plus are capable of recording 4K videos. If you own a 4K TV or computer, it is quite necessary to get 4K contents for experiencing the amazing visual effect. And now, we will lead you to free download 4K content (videos/movies) to TV, computer or devices using a powerful 4K video downloader.
Where to Download 4K Content
There are several online streaming services offering 4K materials. Some of them are free and some others requires subscription fee for watching, streaming or downloading.
▪ YouTube – Support for YouTube 4K video uploads began in 2010. From December 2013, YouTube uses VP9 compression standard for video and offers a 2160p option in quality menu allowing users to view 4K content.
▪ Vimeo – In early December 2014, Vimeo announced that it was ready to be a 4K capable platform. There are 17,539 videos tagged “4K” but only Vimeo PRO members are empowered to stream and download 4K content on Vimeo.
▪ Dailymotion – Dailymotion has pushed out a re-designed video player with fully support for 4K resolution driving users to obtain the superb viewing experience across platforms.
▪ Netflix – Limited 4K movies and TV shows are available to watch and stream if you pay $11.99 one month for subscription. Note: 4K content streaming are only supported by special TV models.
▪ Amazon Instant Video – Like Netflix, Amazon Instant Video includes a certain number of charged 4K movies/TV shows and offers download and stream.
How to Free Download 4K Content
Instead of paying for 4K content viewing and download, a great majority of people choose to find what they want on free video-sharing sites available for 4K playback, like YouTube. However, when to download, it is necessary to make use of a professional 4K video downloader for there is no direct download option. WinX YouTube Downloader is a Windows-based online video downloading program enabling users to free download 2160P 4K content to MP4, FLV, 3GP, WebM without quality loss from YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion and other 300+ sites. Besides 4K, it can also download 360P SD, 720/1080P HD, 4320P 8K and even 3D movies at a super fast speed. It is 100% clean and safe bundled no adware, spyware, malware or virus.
Download and install WinX YouTube Downloader on your computer (compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and lower versions). Next, follow the guide below to free download 4K video content.
Step 1. Import 4K Video URL
Tap +link-shaped button on navigation bar after launching WinX YouTube Downloader.
Search your wanted video on YouTube or other sites supporting 4K. Copy and paste its URL to address bar of pop-up window.
Step 2. Select Output Version
A couple of seconds later, video title, duration and version will be listed. Select 3840×2160 MP4 option and click OK.
Step 3. Start 4K Content Download
Click Browse button to save the 4K video to target folder and then hit Download button to start this 2160P video download.
After the download process is completed, you can transfer the video to portable devices or stream to 4K TV for offline playback.